Friday, July 29, 2016

Spotlight | Party With A Plan







  1. Tell us a little about yourself


I started writing all the common things people write about themselves, but I don’t want to do that here. I am a free spirited, creative, compassionate, and extroverted 56 years young man. I am the father of an amazing 11-year-old daughter who fills my life with joy. I have endured heartache and pain and ecstasy and joy. My life is full and I am never bored.
  1. Why did you write this book?


I wrote this book because in my mid 20’s I had a life altering experience that drastically changed the course of my life. I wrote this book so others could avoid the pitfalls that I fell into.


  1. Really? You’re going to leave us hanging like that? What happened? Do you mind telling us?


Not at all. I talk about it in my book so I can talk about it here. At 24 I hit bottom from my cocaine and alcohol addiction. I’ve been sober ever since. This book is my calling and the reason I went through everything I went through. In short, the book teaches people how to drink and not get in trouble with alcohol.


  1. You mean it teaches people how to drink responsibly?


Actually, that phrase is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. There’s really no such thing as “responsible drinking.” If you ask five random people to define responsible drinking, you get five completely different answers. Could you imagine driving down the road wondering what the speed limit is, only to see a sign that says, “Drive responsibly.” How fast are you supposed to go? What my book does is give people research based, concrete guidelines on how to drink and lower the risk of having problems associated with alcohol.


  1. Is the book meant for anyone who drinks?


Yes, the book is intended for anyone who chooses to drink. I do have an edition specifically for college students and another for women since both have characteristics that need to be addressed for those populations, but the generic book is for anyone who chooses to drink. Being an alcoholic is not fun and I want to help people from crossing the line into addiction. This book will do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment